Friday, March 23, 2007

Avril Lavigne's goth wedding


Avril Lavigne considered having a goth wedding but eventually gave into her childhood dream of a traditional ceremony. The punk-pop singer married Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley last July and surprised their rock fans by having a conventional service. Avril, 22, said in an interview with Jane magazine: "I wanted to say, 'Let's totally have a rock 'n' roll, goth wedding.' "But at the same time I thought, 'I've been dreaming about my wedding day since I was a little girl. I have to wear the white dress.' I wanted to be a princess.' "People thought that I would have some black wedding dress, and I would have. Click here to find out more! "But at the same time, I was thinking about the wedding pictures, and I wanted to be in style. I didn't want to be thinking 20 years later, 'Oh, why did I wear my hair like that?' " The 'Sk8r Boi' singer also claims she has changed her husband for the better. Avril said: "I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him! We have a really good, strong relationship. "He doesn't do drugs. Clearly, he used to, because he talked about it, but I wouldn't be with someone who did, and I made that very clear to him when we first started dating. "I've never done cocaine in my life, and I'm proud of that. I am 100 percent against drugs."

No comments: