Thursday, March 8, 2007

Uma felt ugly as a kid

Uma Thurman used to think she was ugly when she was at school.

The Kill Bill star battled with body image issues as a schoolgirl and admits she had very few friends as a teenager.

Uma, 36, said: “I spent the first 14 years of my life convinced that my looks were hideous.

“There were none-stop changes of school and no friends. I hated sports lessons and all group activities.”

It wasn’t until Uma started acting that her confidence began to grow and she started to realise she was attractive.

She said: “I had a part in a school play and, because I was tall, I did some modelling. Based on that, I tried to launch a career. It was crazy. But the parts kept coming.” Uma, who is around 6ft tall, didn’t have a boyfriend for most of her school years and only started properly dating when she got older.

The actress, who is widely considered to be one of Hollywood’s most beautiful women, revealed: “When I was young, no boy ever liked me. For years, when people told me I was beautiful, I didn’t believe a word of it. Now I think it’s a great compliment — it’s utterly delightful.”

No comments: