Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Naughty old dame

Dame Helen Mirren has confessed she wasn’t wearing any underwear when she collected her Best Actress Oscar on Sunday night.

The 61-year-old, who was honoured for her role in The Queen, was wearing a Christian Lacroix dress that was such a perfect fit there was no need to wear any underwear.

Speaking to US chat show host Oprah Winfrey, Mirren said, “It was all made for me so I didn’t have to have any underwear. It fitted me like two angels’ hands.

“I cried when I put it on, it is a work of art.”

Mirren has also said that she could not even keep herself from filching a pillow adorned with her face from an awards party.

The Oscar-winning actress loved the pillows featuring Andy Warhol-style images of her as Queen Elizabeth so much she took one home from the Miramax pre-Oscar on the February 22.

“I love them! They had the same pillows at the party at BAFTA in London, and I was blown away. I took one of mine,” she was quoted by Femalefirst, as saying.

Helen revealed she was also impressed with pillows featuring other Oscar-nominated actresses. “They also had a wonderful pillow of Penelope Cruz’s face, and I have to say I took one of those home too!” she added.

No comments: