Thursday, March 15, 2007

Jennifer Hudson's Aretha role


Jennifer Hudson is in line to play Aretha Franklin in a movie about her life. Aretha, who has been approached by several movie studios about taking her story to the big screen, has revealed that Jennifer has been suggested for the starring role. Aretha told Access Hollywood: "Well, I don't know. I'm not sure. The producers want to know how I feel about it, about her playing me. What I'd like to see is three different people playing me." Although Aretha remains unconvinced about the Oscar-winning actress' suitability for the role, she has seen other possible candidates. She said: "There's a young lady who opened the tribute show in Los Angeles that the United Negro College Fund gave me who was very good and I've heard another little girl who was quite good. Perhaps someone playing me from the age of 25 to about 40 and then someone else beyond that." Aretha also doubts that movie bosses will find anyone who can match her vocal prowess. She explained: "There may even be a little lip synching here and there. We've gotta go with some of these records I made throughout my career. They were classics and some of it will be verbal but not vocalised in its entirety." A musical production based on the life of the soul singer is already in the pipeline, with auditions planned for Detroit in May. Aretha will be involved in casting, and will choose people to portray "key members" from her family and friends.

No comments: